Sunday, August 11, 2013

lemon + firsts


lemon was the first Young Living Essential Oil I ever used.  I got a bottle of it free at an Essential Oils 101 class.  I'd never used essential oils before.  it was exciting to tip the little, dark, glass bottle + smell that sharp, refreshing, tangy aroma drip onto my fingers.

lemon essential oil is a powerful anti-oxidant (because it is made from real lemon rinds) + can be used to purify odors + sanitize your house.  it can also be used as a seasoning for cooking.

how I've used it so far...
+ on my plantar callous (bottom of my foot) to ease the pain (which has been there for 3 years + now it is considerably shallower)
+ in my water
+ in my daughter's water (when she was battling her UTI)
+ on my kitchen surfaces
+ in my baby's trash can (where smelly diapers are collected)

just make sure, when you use lemon topically on the skin, you keep it off of areas that will be exposed to sunlight in the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment